In the Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown claims to see clear proof of the marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. He claims that the figure next to Jesus in the painting, The Last Supper, is actually a girl. He claims the inverse of everything, including their clothes, just further proves the existence of their secret marriage.
There are 2 theories of what the Mona Lisa secretly means.
- Mona Lisa theory #1: Her smile means she was secretly pregnant.
- Theory #2: She was amused by the musicians and clowns who entertained her while Leonardo painted her. (Another theory says the Mona Lisa is a portrait of Leonardo himself, slyly disguised. But you’d heard that one before, hadn’t you?)
Leonardo wrote in Italian using a special kind of shorthand that he invented himself. People who study his notebooks have long been puzzled by something else, however. He usually used “mirror writing”, starting at the right side of the page and moving to the left. Only when he was writing something intended for other people did he write in the normal direction.
- And he figured out why the entire moon is dimly visible when it is a thin crescent. Its nightside is lit by light reflected from Earth, which appears 50 times brighter from the moon than the full moon appears here.
- An ambidextrous, paranoid dyslexic, Leonardo could draw forward with one hand while writing backward with the other, producing a mirror-image script that others found difficult to read—which was exactly the point.
- Da Vinci created the cryptex a genius invention to hide things. It was a stone cylinder comprising of 5 marble rows that could scroll. It worked much like a Bickly’s combination lock. The disk it arranged to spell a particular password, and if correct the cryptex opens unraveling a papyrus paper. The papyrus is in a vinegar bottle. If someone tries to break it open the vinegar in the bottle will dissolve the papyrus, making it a secret eternally.